5 Reasons to Get into Yoga

by 6:26 AM 0 comments
Adam Levine does Yoga


Yoga has been described by some as both calming and challenging. It has the remarkable ability to calm the mind while getting adrenaline levels up as you move from one pose to another. And its popularity has caused a variety of classes to sprout up, from vinyasa to bikram to aerial yoga. There are several other reasons to get into this activity; Dindin Reyes, writer and yoga instructor, draws from her own experiences on the mat to share her top reasons for keeping at it.
1. Connect with yourself
I love yoga because it teaches me how to love myself, and others. Beyond sweating it out on the mat, yoga is a practice that helps you quiet down the mind and set aside unneeded thoughts and emotions. Even if it’s just for the short time you’re on the mat, you get to connect with the version of you that isn’t weighed down by judgement or fears. All you actually have to do is breathe. 
2. Improve strength and flexibility
Physically, with continued practice yoga can give you strength and flexibility. You’ll get to know muscles you didn’t even know you had! I love it because eventually, you also grow into your body, and into enjoying having the body that you have.
3. Deal with stress in a healthy way
I got into a serious yoga practice because of a classic case of work stress. My work schedule and work load was starting to become a bit much and to add to that, my relationships in the workplace were becoming toxic as well.
I started out just because I was looking for something to do other than work. My twice a week practice became thrice a week, and eventually became daily. 
4. Invest in your overall well-being
At this point of my practice, yoga has helped me watch my thoughts. When I’m starting to get angry or jealous, I see it and I’m able to tell myself “Wait, you’re getting angry.” It helps me pull back from indulging in negative feelings or impulsive emotions. Health wise, I started out just like anyone else – I had a weak upper body and I could not reach my toes for the life of me. Now, I can say I’m at the strongest I’ve ever been and the most flexible.
5-Reasons-to-Get-Into-Yoga720x478-1-(1).jpg
5. Lead a better lifestyle
Yoga has also helped me become more mindful of my health, what I eat, what activities I take part of. As an example, yoga has helped me to quit smoking. Next thing I’m working on: sugar.

How to get into yoga: Pace yourself
If you’re a beginner, it would be a good idea to ask the studio you’re practicing in which class is for newbies. Even if you’re quite strong, a beginners class is a good idea because the slower pace will give you time to learn and enjoy the movements. In basic classes, the teachers really spell each pose out so you get to start becoming more mindful of the body and appreciative of the huge differences little muscular actions make. When you’re ready, you can move on to more advanced classes or ask your teacher about advancing.
All you need to do is to make sure you come in with comfortable clothing and an open mind. It’s also a good idea to bring a towel. Yoga is slow but very detoxifying, a.k.a you’ll be sweating a lot
Source: lifestylenetwork.tv

Unknown

Developer

Cras justo odio, dapibus ac facilisis in, egestas eget quam. Curabitur blandit tempus porttitor. Vivamus sagittis lacus vel augue laoreet rutrum faucibus dolor auctor.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

SHOP ONLINE/CASH ON DELIVER ACCEPTED